Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Sugar Test

This morning I had to go to the doctor for my one hour sugar test. My sugar level was good before I drank the stuff, and it had to be 140 or below to not have to come back and do the three hour test. My level was 144, four points over what it should be. So...that means that next week I have to go and have the three hour test done. The drink itself wasn't bad at all, just like drinking orange crush soda and I didn't even feel bad at all with it. My mom said that only being 4 points over wasn't anything to worry about. We both have figured out that from Sunday afternoon to yesterday, I had over indulged in my sweets, probably mostly due to the grieving of losing Roxy (I'm a stress eater). I have really watched my sweets and what I ate until the past couple of days. So, next Friday I'm going back to the doctor for my test and I plan to cut out my sugars and things for the next week. The nurse told me that I had to come back next week because the drink stays in your system for 72 hours. Everything else was good, my measurements and her heartbeat was 157. He also told me that I had only gained one pound from the last time I was there so I could treat myself to Dairy Queen for a treat. However, after my sugar test, I decided that wasn't the best idea. My sister-in-law, Heather, said I could treat myself with a big salad and just go over a bit with the dressing. I ended up treating myself to a bowl of cereal for a mid-afternoon snack instead. So, hopefully, next Friday, things will be normal and I just know that I have to continue to watch my sweets and control them a bit better than I did the past few days.

No comments: