Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Update on Kevin

Today Kevin and I went to the doctor to see if we can start getting some answers as to what is going on with him.  However, before I get to that I have to share with you our adventure today that happened before we got to the doctor's office.

Madalyn and I were getting ourselves ready and I was trying to get some directions for how to get to this doctor's office.  When I finished, I looked around to see what Madalyn was doing (who was in the room with me the whole time), and she decided to work on some "ART" work.

 
Here is Madalyn's first art piece she made today. When I asked her if she did this, she told me that "Hunter did it", which is her cousin.  

 
And here's her second art piece she made today. 
(It was marker and came right off with nail polish remover thankfully.)
 
 
So, after I got Madalyn cleaned up, Kevin was home and it was time for us to go. We took Madalyn to Kevin's mom for her to keep her while we went to the doctor.  As we were leaving, we walked off the back porch and then I saw it.....
 
Oh, my gosh!
 
I was so shocked at what I saw, I couldn't get the words out of my mouth at first.  What did I see? A Snake, crawling out of the grill of my car!!!!! Yes, I am serious. A rather large King snake was crawling out of the grill of my car.  Which my loud "oh, oh, oh's" scared it back in rather quickly into my car. So Kevin opened the hood and started looking for it. (Now, Kevin is scared to death of snakes, but he was "manning up to try and get it".  He grabbed the tail but it slipped through his fingers.  My mother-in-law called my father-in-law to come help get the snake out of the car.  They tried for about 30 minutes, but couldn't get the snake out.  We ended up driving to Columbia with the snake in the hood of the car.  (They checked underneath the car and said that it shouldn't be able to crawl into the car.) We stopped for lunch before going to the doctor and I hope the snake came out while we were inside or while we were inside at the doctor's office.) Kevin checked under the hood again once we got home and he didn't see it. So it either got out or it has died in there, which I hope it's gone.  I have never seen this before and never heard of this happening to someone before.  I was so shocked.  It's going to make me think twice about looking around and in my car.  I really think the snake was in there before he/she was trying to digest it's latest meal.  Which I think was two baby birds.
 
 
These sweet baby birds hung out in the carport all day yesterday near Wingo's water bowl.  He didn't get out yesterday because of the rain and when I came in around 8:30 last night from my Bible Study, they were still there.  When we left this morning to go to the doctor they were gone, and I really think the snake got them.  But why it had to crawl into my car, I don't know, nor do I ever want to experience that again.  However, it makes me wonder if this has happened to my car before and I just didn't know it?  Also, due to Kevin being so busy with cleaning out the chicken houses he hasn't had time to cut the grass and it's as tall as Madalyn. So we have the perfect habitat right now for snakes and all the rain is flushing them out of their homes.)



So, now on to Kevin.

The doctor said that according to some tests they did;they found some bacteria that was in Kevin's stomach that shouldn't be there.  The bacteria could be what is causing Kevin to keep getting sick. He gave Kevin an antibiotic for him to take for the next 7 days, 3 times a day.  He said that after taking this antibiotic, if Kevin starts having trouble again, for us to call them, and then they will do the colonoscopy.  So, hopefully, the medicine will help him and maybe that's all it is.  He is doing better and feeling better.  Thank you for keeping him in your prayers, but please continue to pray that this antibiotic will work.

No comments: