Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, August 19, 2017

A Scary Situation

Sooo, I am going to attempt today to get my blog caught up with all that has been going on with us...

Back in July....July 22nd, Alexis had me very scared..I was working in the house and I was in my room, the girls were in the den, when Madalyn came running into my room to tell me Alexis was throwing up. So I quickly when into the den and Alexis was sitting on the couch gagging. When I got to her, I knew she wasn't sick, but she had swallowed something because she was also having trouble breathing. I asked Madalyn what did Alexis swallow but she didn't know. So the only thing I could think of at the time was to help her throw up and I leaned her forward and hit her on her back. No matter if that was the right thing or not, that's what I did and after 3 times she threw up what she had swallowed. Within that time, I called Kevin's mom and told her I needed her at my house right then and hung up the phone. By the time she got to me, which was a matter of minutes, Alexis had gotten up what she had swallowed. Alexis was fine, but Madalyn and I were crying and it took all afternoon for me to calm down over this situation. I've had her choke on a small piece of food before never to the point she couldn't breathe, that was the scary part of it all. It was a HUGE wake up call to us all that she is still just 2 and we need to watch her like a hawk.  Thank God, He was with me and helped me to help my baby girl. So thankful she is still with us!!!


What she swallowed was the silver metal thing that is beside the quarter. The quarter is to show you the size of it. 

No comments: