Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas!

This past weekend we went to Greer to have Christmas with my family.  We had my mom's side of the family Friday night, my dad's side of the family Saturday night, and we did Christmas with my parents and us Sunday morning.  My poor mom is sick, running fever, coughing, can't talk or breath due to the coughing, and she has bronchitis but despite her sickness she cooked and went along with a smile on her face.  Along with Madalyn and her runny nose, cough, and congestion.  Then Saturday, I started getting sick with a sinus infection. It was a nice weekend despite all the sickness.


Madalyn decided that her presents from Nana and G-Dad made a comfortable seat.


Today, Christmas Day....went a little differently that planned.  First, Kevin was up all night, sick. He finally went to sleep at 3:00am, but then he had to get up at 4:00am to check on the chickens. Then when he got back he slept until 7:00am.  At 8:00 am he came and woke me up telling me that he had to go to work because one of his workers didn't show up.  She didn't call or anything, just didn't show. So he wanted us to go ahead and do Christmas so he could leave.  He got Madalyn up and ready and I was running the video camera.  It took a few minutes for Madalyn to realize what was going on and to see everything.  She loves her kitchen! She has been cooking all day.  When she's not cooking, she is sitting in her Minnie Mouse chair. 

Madalyn's Christmas 
 
 
Madalyn loves her Minnie Mouse chair and book!
 
She is also enjoying a chocolate Santa! Madalyn got her Minne Mouse slippers from Nana and G-Dad and except for bath time and going outside, they have not been off her feet.


 
My Christmas present from Kevin
I looked at the window and what should my wondering eyes see? A shiny red golf cart just for me!
 
 
 
The golf cart story
I had been wanting a golf cart for myself and Madalyn to have to use around the house.  So about two months ago Kevin decided on what he wanted to get me for Christmas. He found this plain, white golf cart for sale.  He completely fixed up the golf cart with new paint, a seat on the back, new fancy wheels, and jacked it up.  I can't wait for the weather to warm up so we can use it.  I was very impressed  with all the work that Kevin did on this golf cart. He showed me a picture of what it looked like before and that was taken on his phone and Kevin doesn't have a Smart phone so there's no way to put the picture on the blog, but he has been very busy these past 2 months.  Thanks, Kevin!
 
And our Christmas isn't finished yet...tomorrow night we will get together with Kevin's side of the family.  We have celebrated all week long, so much fun!
Merry Christmas!

No comments: