Our Family

Our Family

Monday, January 5, 2015

It's Finally Here!

Wow! Finally, the day I have been waiting on since May 10th....January 6th.  We will become a family of 4 and get to meet our second baby girl. It has been a long, long, journey to get to this week. From May to August, the days drug on and on. I didn't feel good and felt so bad for Madalyn that I wasn't able to do more with her during the summer days. However, we did have some pool time, lake trips, and a beach trip. Once school started in August, the weeks and months started flying by.

However, December 19th, things came to a stop. That's when I was told to go on bed rest and many of the things I had planned for my Christmas break changed. I really wanted to do some special things with Madalyn and especially the week after Christmas and really enjoy the time I had left with just her. However, I have spent a good bit of my time this past week sleeping I think due to all the excitement the last few months have been.  Trying to rest up from teaching, preparing for a baby, Christmas shopping, etc.  It has been a long week waiting on this day to come, but it's all worth it. Going on bed rest was the best thing for me to give Alexis more time to grow and develop, and it forced me to get some much needed rest and to take a major time out.  Things were different this pregnancy from my first...not as easy, but I am so thankful for this baby and how on Tuesday, we will begin the "new normal" for our family.

 I am very ready for Tuesday morning to come.  Poor Madalyn, she's been a big help through all of this, but I know she knows things are different with Mommy. She will say things like "when the baby comes out of your tummy will you...." wanting me to do things we use to. Like last night I was putting her to bed and she said "when the baby comes out of your tummy will you hold me again". Wanting me to be able to pick her up and carry her, or just for her to be able to sit in my lap again (which at this point I don't have a lap any more :0). It's hard to hear comments like that  because it makes me feel so bad and I try to reassure her that "yes" I will.  And I will, we will learn together how to divide our time between the two girls. I am thankful for the age difference they will have; I think that will be a big help to me. So...as many are preparing to go back to school tomorrow....at least I don't have to do that just yet....I'm prepared to meet our new little bundle of joy this week.

 Unless something changes, we will come home from the hospital on Friday, so sometime next weekend I will do my best to post pictures of our newest baby girl and family. Because you know I will have plenty of time on my hands from recovering from surgery, a newborn, and a 3 1/2 year old; and oh a cat recovery from surgery (which Bella is doing good so far). :0)

Until then....my count down has changed to hours instead of days. 

No comments: