Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Update

We had a busy weekend with some special visitors. Friday night, Kevin's uncle came over with his girlfriend to visit. My good friend, Lindsey, was in Columbia visiting her sister and brother-in-law, and she came down Saturday and spent the day with us. She brought some of my favorite bagels and smears as a treat. It was nice to get to just sit and talk; however, I was so worn out when she left. It's amazing how much energy you can use just sitting and talking. Sunday, my dad came down for the day and brought my aunt Susan (his sister). She brought us a delicious meal that we all enjoyed together and visited for the afternoon. My dad also brought me some special treats that you can only get in Greenville....Tanner's orange juice and chocolate chip cookies made by The Chocolate Shoppe...two of my favorite things. It was a nice weekend and fun to have some "Greenville" people visiting in Blackville. :0) Yesterday, one of Kevin's aunts came by for a visit. So Alexis has had many visitors over the past few days.

Alexis is 3 weeks old today! Yesterday morning, we headed to Aiken with Alexis for a weight check at the doctor's office. Baby girl has gained a pound! She was 7 pounds 8 oz. at her last weigh in and yesterday morning she was 8 pounds 9 oz. So she was back up and past her birth weight which was good. So unless something changes, she won't have to go to the doctor until her 2 month check up. We finally got her straight on the kind of formula she can take and how much to give her and she seems happier. However, she still has times when after her bottle she's still acting like she's hungry.  She's still getting up every 3 hours during the night to eat and during the day too.

Madalyn is starting to pay more attention to Alexis. She normally checks on her when she first comes in from preschool or when she gets up in the morning. She will help with diapers, changing, cleaning bottles, etc. sometimes. Amazingly, Madalyn can sleep through Alexis crying during the night and Alexis can sleep through all the noise Madalyn makes during the day.

Each day I am getting better, I think, or hope. The medicine seems to be keeping my blood pressure down. It's been 3 weeks since the c-section and I have started driving again. I drove to and from Aiken yesterday. We did a little shopping..it was nice to get out of the house and to drive again, however I was so worn out when I got home. But I think I'm starting to get back to normal. It's just taking time for my body to heal and recover from not only my surgery but the pregnancy as well.  However, we are enjoying out time with our sweet baby girl and wouldn't change anything to have her here!

No comments: