Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Family Beach Weekend

Last weekend, Kevin, Madalyn, and I went to Surfside beach.  When Kevin and I came home from our anniversary trip, we decided that we wanted to take Madalyn to the beach. We thought September would be a good time to go. So, when Kevin got sick, we didn't cancel because we were hoping that we would be able to go.  Since Kevin is better and he felt like it, we went on. It was so nice and much needed to get away as a family and enjoy spending some time together.  We couldn't have asked for a more perfect weekend as far as the weather was concerned and everything else.  This was the best little vacation we have had as a family. 

Our Hotel: right on the beach, so nice.
 
Madalyn seeing the ocean for the first time since last year.

 
 
 
On a seashell hunt
 
 
Fun in the waves
 
Madalyn loved, LOVED the water! We couldn't get her out of it.
 
 
Look what I found!
 
 
 
 
Who wants some ice cream?
 
Yummy! :0)
 
What a great first day at the beach!
 
Beach Trip Day 2:
 
 
Our sand castle
 
Madalyn's favorite thing to do...STOMP the castle
 
On the Merry-go-Round..Madalyn wanted to ride each one.
 
Kevin found out that we could get our picture made with a monkey and a tiger cub and he was determined we were going to do it. Madalyn was excited until she actually got to meet them up close, then she was a little unsure. And yes they are both REAL (I know they look fake, but let me tell you that is one big paw on my arm). The tiger cub is 3 months old and I don't know how old the monkey was. They are part of the T.I.G.E.R. preservation organization in Myrtle Beach.  At Barefoot Landing, you can get your picture made with them.  Kevin and I both thought it was pretty cool even if Madalyn wasn't that thrilled. 
 
Beach Trip Day 3:
We had two days of perfect weather and then our last day was cool and cloudy.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Good-bye beach...until next year!
 
I'm so glad my hubby is well and feeling better!
 
We told Madalyn she could choose a souvenir from the beach. And yes we were in this store for awhile....
 
but she finally made her decision and of course it was a pink/purple HORSE and an aqua/purple sea HORSE
 
 
On the way home, it was a wonderful vacation.
 
Some of my favorite pictures in black and white.
 
 
Love this picture!
 
 

 
I love this shadow picture of Madalyn
 
Our Family in Shadows
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 


No comments: