Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Alexis: 2 Month Check Up

Alexis had her 2 month check up on Friday. She got a good report. Poor baby had to get 3 shots, but she's done good with them. The only thing the doctor told us to work on was to get her on a regular schedule with her eating. Each day she gets on a different schedule, our fault, so we are working on sticking to a schedule and she actually had her last bottle at 10 pm last night and slept til 7am this morning. So, hopefully this is the turning point with her and she will start sleeping all night long. But even if not, she was only waking up once.

At 2 months old:
weight: 11 pounds 8.12 oz, 75%
length: 24 1/4 in long, 90%

She is such a happy and pleasant baby. She smiles, coos and gurgles all the time. She loves being in her rain forest and loves for you to talk to her. It's so much fun now because you can carry on a conversation with her and actually feel like you get a response back and you know she's listening to you. She's starting to develop her own little personality.  When she's laying down if she's hungry or sleepy, she sucks her fingers and looks like she tries to twist her hair. It's fun to watch her grow and change.





Poor thing had scratched her face several times. So I cut her fingernails, but on the last one I got some skin. She screamed, it started bleeding and I felt so bad. It's hard to cut those little fingernails and especially when they won't be still , for you.


Alexis in her favorite place: The Rain Forest



Friday, when I got home from taking Alexis to the doctor, I found this really big box on my back porch. When I opened it, I found this picture. My friend, Lindsey, had sent this to me to hang in Alexis' room. It was so sweet and kind of her to do that. I love the picture and can't wait to get it hung up in her room. 




No comments: