Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Encouraging Words

With the times that our economy are going through, still and all the stress that I have dealt with at my work and Kevin at his work these past few months....I felt some encouraging words were needed. This morning while the preacher was preaching, I was focusing on something else. Yes, I should have been paying attention, but you know sometimes you have other things on your mind that it's hard to. I started looking through my Bible to find verses that talk about encouraging one another. I came across a few and thought I would share them with you.

The first verse that I have for you actually came to me Thursday afternoon. I had to get the oil changed in my car. While I was waiting, they had several of the The Journey daily devotional books in the waiting area. I picked one up that had some titles that interested me and started reading.

" Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as in fact you are doing"
1 Thessalonians 5:11

"But encourage one another daily as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness."
Hebrews 3:13

"You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised."
Hebrews 10:36

"No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it."
Hebrews 12:11

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance."
James 1:2-3

"In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith-of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire-may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor with Jesus Christ is revealed."
1 Peter 1:6-7

"I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances."
Philippians 4:11

This is what I consider my life verse, this came to me spring of 2001 in my freshman year at NGC and I have held on to it since in all different situations.

"Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves full to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain."
1 Corinthians 15:58

I hope that at least one of these verses will encourage you this week.

No comments: