Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Weekend

This weekend my parents and Papa came to visit. They got here yesterday afternoon about 4:00. I was still at school working and Kevin meet them at the house. Papa and my dad had never seen the cows, and since they are in Williston, they drove to see the cows, then came to my school. They both had never seen my school. Papa said that I needed a new school, he even told Mrs. Selvey, the principal, that they needed a new school. Which they had tried this past year to get a new one, but the town doesn't want their taxes raised or the heritage of the 3rd oldest school in SC toren down. So I guess they sacrifice heritage over their health. Anyway, my mom had prepared dinner a chicken casserole and sweet potato souffle for dinner. Yummy! We had a nice evening visiting, but all were ready for bed pretty early. Saturday, we awoke to a cloudy day and by the early afternoon, the rain came and lasted for awhile. After the rain cleared up we showed Papa the "big" town of Barnwell, and around the circle, he had not seen that before. Then, my mom had brought some pansies for me to plant so we worked on that, while the men watched some football. They didn't stay tonight and headed back home about 5. They are still traveling and should be home around 8. It was a nice visit. My dad hadn't been down since Mother's Day and Papa hadn't been down since this time last year...I think. I like having visitors. It's just Kevin and I, and Abby of course, most of the time and it's fun to entertain family and friends for a change. It gives me something to look forward to. Now, Kevin's watching the Carolina game, of course and I'm getting ready to do some school work.
My dad brought a new toy for Abby. It was a tennis ball with a tail attached that squeaked. In about 10 minutes Abby had the two separated. We took the ball away from her, because she's not allowed to have one in the house. She loved playing with the tail part and making it squeak. But then she tore a hole in it and the squeak part came out. Then she just wanted to play with it, which we couldn't allow her to do that because it was just plastic. So, I guess for Christmas, Santa will have to bring Abby a toy that squeaks. We didn't know she would enjoy a toy like that so much.

No comments: