Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sunday Hightlights

Here are some highlights of what has been happening with us lately:

*This weekend my parents and Papa got to come down for a weekend visit.

*The strawberry patch is officially open to the public.

*Even in the rain people came and picked strawberries, we did very well on Saturday.

*My mom and I went shopping for some plants for my yard. We got six azaleas, A Cuba shrub, and some bedding plants. (I'll have to post pictures later).


*We had some major storms last night, as I'm sure most of you did, no damage though, except for Kevin backing into my mom's trailblazer this morning when he was going to work. Ooops! (He hit the bumper and there is a scratch, but thankfully for Kevin's sake, nothing too major.)


*I have 5 weeks and 27 days left of school. (I think I can, I think I can, I think I can make it)I did sign my contract for next year....I know what you are thinking, What are you thinking? but what else am I suppose to do?

*My sister-in-law, Katelyn, found out she was having a boy and his name is going to be Hunter Phillip Delk (called "Hunter" and he is due October 10, 2010).

*Kevin's garden is growing, we will have some nice produce to sell and enjoy this summer.

*Abby is doing fine, just as spoiled as ever and as happy as ever when someone is throwing the tennis ball. Which she had lots of people to throw the ball with her this weekend.

*Wednesday night when I came home, I got out of the car and watched a female white-tailed deer cross my backyard.
*Our day wouldn't be complete without a homemade pound cake (made by me), some fresh organic strawberries, and to top it off with some whipped cream...yum, yum. Delicious fresh strawberry shortcake!

Here's some pictures of our strawberry picking from yesterday. We wanted my parents to carry some strawberries home for them, Papa, and some other family members we had promised some too.


My mom is holding the biggest strawberry that was picked yesterday.


They covered my kitchen table....



They covered my bar...



Both sides of the bar.

1 comment:

Brantley & Richard said...

Yummy! They are my favorites!