Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, May 16, 2010

How Does Your Garden Grow?

Our garden grows very well with Humble Acres' Bloomin' EZ Organic Compost. We still have strawberries, but I know our time with them are coming to an end. Kevin and I put up a gallon to freeze today and plan to get at least another gallon or so before they get gone. Kevin has planted a garden to sell the produce at the produce stand, once it comes in. We took a walk down there this evening, and I was surprised by how much it has grown.

Back row is corn, then squash, then tomatoes, you can see how tall the corn and squash is.



Sweet Corn-it's up to my waist.





Squash Plants-they are also just about up to my waist. They will be ready soon.






Okra-it's more a middle of the summer crop. It likes very hot weather.



Cucumbers-they were planted 2 weeks after the squash, no little cucumbers yet.




No comments: