Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Happy 4th of July & Happy B-day to Me!

The weekend of the 4th of July, Kevin and I got to spend it with my family at the lake. I had told Kevin that for my birthday (which is July 6th), I wanted to go to the lake and spend time with my family. We were able to get away Thursday afternoon, once Kevin finished working and got to stay until Monday. That was the longest time we had gotten to stay at the lake. Friday, it was cloudy and raining so we just spent time relaxing. Saturday, Ann, Bobby, Papa, Keith, Felicia, Emily and her BFF Mary, Susan, Dan, Tim, and Amanda all came down for the day. Then Sunday, Susan, Dan, Tim, and Amanda were there. It was such a nice weekend. You couldn't have of asked for better weather.

I love these dailies! Their color is so rich. I have plans to bring one home with me sometime. Shhh! Don't tell anyone.



The water is majorly up; the water comes to your knees, well actually over your knees at the end of the dock. So you have to wade through the water to get to the dock.


We have always seen Canadian Geese at our lake place. This summer they have had a friend join them.


He is what I call a "bless his heart" duck because wasn't blessed with looks.


Isn't this peaceful! And this wasn't created by man either. But there is a house that sits next to this waterfall. The only downfall, is when the water goes down they don't have any water because it's only about 10 feet deep in this cove.


Emily brought her BFF Mary to the lake. This was Mary's first trip to the lake. My dad was helping them get on the tube. We realized that they would each have to ride by themselves to fit.


Emily had a lot of fun screaming on the tube.


I love the look on Mary's face; just pure delight. She has the best time. She kept yelling faster!


Kevin is in heaven!


Me and my hubby!




My mom had a special surprise for my birthday. She got the lady who made our wedding cake to make a birthday cake for me. It was just as delicious as I had remembered! And we topped it off with some homemade peach ice cream. Now, what could be better. I can't believe I'm 29 years old. I feel like 25....but I have been so blessed in my 29 years, way beyond what I deserve. I am so thankful for my family and friends, and my wonderful Husband and his wonderful family. But most of all, I am so thankful to have a risen Savior that in Him I know I have forever to praise and sing His name. He is always there and has never let me down, and He truly knows my heart and my desires and has always provided what I need when I need it.




































































































No comments: