Our Family

Our Family

Monday, September 13, 2010

What's Going on

As you can see, since school has started, life has been very busy, and I haven't taken the time to blog. So, here's the latest on us:

School: I do have a prayer request, one of my students was in a wreck over the weekend. He is okay, however his younger sister was thrown from the car and killed. He was the one to find her. There were 5 children in the car. One is still in the hospital along with the dad and other adult in the car. Not sure about the dad and other child how they are doing. The rest of the kids are okay. The boy is suppose to come back to school tomorrow. Pray for this family and child.

I can't believe we are in the 5th week of school already! Today was the 20th of school. Which means 160 more days to go!

1. So far, school is going well this year. I have a really good class. We will see if it will last, but I really don't think I will have the problems that I had last year with all the fighting.

2. I am in a temporary room at school. My old classroom is getting new floors, sometime this week. Due do leaks and a mold problem.

3. I only have 14 students. Our enrollment has dropped this year. I had 4 that didn't show up. Then I got two new students. Lost one last week-moved away. Then lost another one today-moved back down to second grade. So....it's nice while it will last having this many students.

Kevin:

1. Working just as hard as ever. Things are going fine with the farm. We are hoping the compost sells will pick up soon with the fall season and really double what we did last spring.

2. Was so excited about his Gamecocks beating Georgia Saturday. Even if the satellite did go out for about 10 minutes during the 3rd quarter and he had to listen to it in his truck.

Abby: just as spoiled and spunky as ever!

Kevin and I have joined a new Sunday School class that has started. It's for newly married couples and young couples with young children. Most of the couples in the class have been married longer than us, but are either our age or younger. If they do have children, they are under the age of 4. We have been 2 Sundays now, and really think this might be a good match for us. We joined a class when we first got married, and stayed from July-February. However, the couples in the class were older than us and had older children (like middle thirties and elementary age kids). We just didn't feel like we fit in there. So, we are excited to meet some new people. We have not seen any of these people before. Some are coming from another local church. We hope to make some friends. It would be nice to have a couple or two that we could hang out with, go to dinner with, every now and then.

2 comments:

Political resources said...

[G] President Clinton takes your questions on YouTube http://tinyurl.com/3am6dh7

Wanda said...

It was good seeing you this past weekend. I am glad your school year is going better this year and I hope it continues. Good teachers are a rare find and the children are so fortunate to have you. Take care.
Love ... Aunt Wanda