Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, May 8, 2011

My First Mother's Day

Today I got to celebrate my very first mother's day. I have had many "fur"babies in my life time,but this was my first official mother's day. My parents came down for the weekend. Saturday we all spent the day outside...my parents had brought down some flowers and my mom planted, while Kevin raked out the flower beds, and my dad worked on a building they have given Kevin for his birthday, while I kept Madalyn strolling around the yard. If the strolling stopped, she woke up and got fussy. Our yard looks pretty with all our flowers, we just hope that our little friend from last year that ate everything is gone. Then my dad grilled out and we had a wonderful dinner. This morning we all went to church and Madalyn slept through the whole service this time. We had lunch at Kevin's grandma's cook house, Mrs. Kitty. I made my homemade strawberry ice cream, since we have strawberries right now. We enjoyed some time with Kevin's family, then came back and have had a lazy afternoon. If you are a mom I hope that you had a day where you felt appreciated and got to spend it with the ones that made you a mom and realized how blessed you were to be a mom. It's still hard for me to believe that I am a mom and my baby will be 7 weeks old tomorrow. Oh, and my sweet husband, Madalyn, and Abby gave me some money to buy a camcorder...so I'll have to go shopping very soon. They also gave me a yellow rose bush for Mother's day.



Happy Mother's Day to the best Mom in the world! I am so blessed to have a mom like you. I only hope that I will be as good of mom as you are. You have set an amazing example of how to be an extraordinary mom and you have always put me and my needs first, never wanting for yourself. Thank you! I love you so much!


Three Generations




My reason for getting to celebrate this day: My sweet girl




Madalyn enjoyed a stroll this afternoon at Grandma Kitty's.




Happy 1st Mother's Day to Katelyn! (Hunter aka "Pork Chop" as Kevin lovingly calls him-7 months) sister-in-law



Happy 1st Mother's Day to Brantley! (Katherine Grace-4 months)-cousin




For Mother's Day Madalyn gave her Nana a special shirt that said "Carolina Nana Best in the World" and my aunt Felicia gave me a Mama one. Madalyn also gave Kevin's mom a Meme shirt just like ours).




Nana and Madalyn



Me and Madalyn



We were twins today!



I know what you are thinking, this picture doesn't go with the others, yet it was taken late this afternoon. I let Abby out to potty and when I turned around to go back inside I saw our little friend here. I said, "Kevin there's a snake on the porch". He said "big or small". I said small. He went outside and got 2 shovels and since it was wrapped around the pole it was a little hard to get to, so he cut it in half, so he thought. The head came back and he was striking at the other shovel (Kevin was trying to get the head). He finally got the snake off the railing and was able to chop it and then carried it off. (Kevin is very afraid of snakes.) We guess that when Kevin raked out the flower beds, he disturbed the snake's habitat. Hopefully we won't see any more, but I will keep my eyes more open for them the next little bit. Kevin said that it was a King snake, and it was about 1 foot long once it was unwrapped from the pole. Not the kind of surprise that I want to get on mother's day.






















No comments: