Our Family

Our Family

Friday, November 11, 2011

Happy Veteran's Day!

For most of you, you are still cozy and snug in your beds as I am awake at 3:47 and have been awake now going on for two hours. I have tried and tried to go back to sleep, but I just have too many things rolling around in my head. Or it could be the excitement of not having school tomorrow. Tomorrow or today really, is Veterans' Day... which as a kid, it's hard to comprehend what that means; but as an adult you begin to understand. I just wanted to say thank you to all those men and women who have severed or who are still serving for our country. It doesn't matter if you have seen action or not, you still gave of your time (no matter if you volunteered or the if you were made to volunteer) and you still knew the risk you were taking. We, I, could not enjoy the freedoms that I have if it wasn't for you. Thank you!

For the Veteran's in my family:

1. My Dad-served in the National Guard. He spent most of his time in New Jersey, where the winter's are colder than anything we in the South have yet to experience.

2. My Papa-served in the Army during WWII. He was the first wave to hit Normandy and ended up being a medic and following General Patton around. He has seen and experienced things that none of us could begin to imagine.

3. My Papa Pick-served in the Army during WWII also.

4. My Uncle Bobby-served in the Army during the Korea War.

5. My Uncle Dan-served in Germany.

6. My childhood best friend, Rhett-served in the Army and spent most of his time around here with the Cost Guard.

7. My best friend from college, Noelle, her husband Dee, is still serving in the Army Reserves and just got back from about a 6 month leave over seas.

No comments: