Our Family

Our Family

Monday, January 23, 2012

Stinks to be Sick!

This is my 2nd time being sick this school year...with the same sickness....and it stinks! I started feeling it coming on Saturday afternoon. I could feel my sinuses starting to act up. Then came the aching all over, the fever, the headache, nausea, etc. It continued on into Sunday. I went to school this morning and was trying to stick it out, but ended up taking a half day. I've been on the couch trying to nurse myself back to my 100% of being well. The worse part about the whole thing is not how bad I feel, but that my baby girl doesn't understand why her mom won't hold her, or play with her. I was laying on the couch yesterday and I felt these little hands pulling my shirt and pulling my hair to get my attention to play with her. It broke my heart, but at the same time I couldn't help but smile. It doesn't matter how bad I feel or even if I'm in a terrible mood, one look into that smiley face, and I can't help but smile. I also have to say that Kevin has been wonderful. He went grocery shopping yesterday, did laundry, cleaned the house, cooked, took care of Madalyn, and me, and the chickens. However, it was funny last night, he said that he was ready for bed, he was very tired. That the last time he had Madalyn all day by himself she slept and you put her in the bouncy seat and that was all. Now she is very busy and very mobile. Back to being sick, I'm about 85% now, so hopefully I will feel up to at least 95% tomorrow morning and be ready to take on Tuesday!

No comments: