Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, January 6, 2013

4 days into the New Year...

Well, 4 days into the new year...
Madalyn is finally well and I am almost well until...my husband came and picked me and Madalyn up for a ride on our golf cart when I came to pick her up from her Meme's house on Friday. Kevin dropped me off back at my car and I jumped off the golf cart and landed wrong on my right foot. Nothing popped, but it hurt enough to cause me to stop for a few minutes. I drove home and got out of the car and was fine. Until 11:00 Friday night, I was watching a movie on TV, Kevin and Madalyn were in bed. I got up from the couch, checked on Madalyn, went to the bathroom and as I was coming out, my ankle was really hurting, so much so that I ended having to crawl from the kitchen to my bedroom because I couldn't put any weight on my foot. I woke Kevin up and my ankle (I had not noticed it before now) was swollen twice the size it's suppose to be and was purple.  I just took some Advil and went to bed. Twice I woke up during the night and had to use the bathroom and I had to crawl there and back.  Saturday morning I was able to put the ball of my foot down and hobble along.  I wrapped my ankle up but the swelling had gone down and the color was almost back to normal.  It only hurt if I put pressure on it.  So for the weekend I have kept some Advil handy, soaked my foot with Epsom salt, kept it wrapped, and tried to stay off of it as much as I could.  I haven't been to get it checked out because it seemed to be getting better. We will see how I do tomorrow having to stand all day at school.  I guess I must have a minor sprain I don't know, but I was like what a great way to start the new year.  Hope this week will be better! :0)


Waking up to a happy girl can make all things better.


No comments: