Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Update on Us...

Well, here's an update on what's going on with us.  Finally, keeping our fingers crossed, everyone is finally well. So stay away sickness, please! However, with this weather of going back and forth like it is, so wonder we stay sick.  I did go to the doctor about my ankle, and thankfully it wasn't sprained.  I had actually busted a blood vessal, which was why my ankle was swollen and purple.  The reason I couldn't walk on it or put pressure on my foot was due to when the blood vessal busted it created a blood clot, and that was weighing on the nerves, etc. But that is all healed now and so hopefully all will get good for awhile.

Kevin's grandmas are doing much better.  His uncle Buck however, isn't which being in hospice care we know what the out come will be.  However, we had not expected him to be here Christmas and so far he's still with us. Kevin's uncle is famous for his old cars that he repairs and fixes up.  He has one project that he had not finished and that was a toolbox for the back of a car that there are only four in the world like it.  Kevin worked to get it finished and finished it last week.  This was one of his last wishes to see it finished.  He was so excited.  Here are a few pictures of the toolbox, Kevin, and uncle Buck.





My baby girl is growing up so fast!  Some days I just can' believe all that she can do and how much she has changed and grown.  Over Christmas break I had a chance to get to know my child again, and she just amazes me.  (I know that may seem strange about me getting to know my child, but honestly, the weeks are so busy, that by the time we get home it's basically, get something for dinner, bath time, and then bed time and that's all.  So, I always enjoy the few times I do get some extra time off to spend with Madalyn.)

Such as big girl! Just laying on the couch by herself, watching "Sofia the First" on Disney Junior.


Since the first part of January, Madalyn has been waking up during the night or early in the morning and whining or crying just a little for like 1-2 minutes and then she goes back to sleep.  I haven't been able to figure out why, but I had thought that she was dreaming or that she was laying on her arm, hand, foot, etc. wrong and she tried to turn over.  Tonight, I just have checked on her and this was how I found her.  So I think this would explain it, her feet are out of the bars, and when she tries to turn over she's stuck.  I did move her tonight.  Which I don't think there's much I can do about preventing this from happening, she moves all over the bed when she sleeps. But I thought it was pretty funny to see her like this. 



No comments: