Our Family

Our Family

Monday, April 1, 2013

First Day of Spring Break

My first day of spring break was great! Madalyn let me sleep til 8:00 this morning. I woke up and it was raining, would have loved to lay in bed longer, but I was glad she let me sleep to 8:00 instead of being up at 6:30.  We had a busy morning. While Madalyn ate breakfast, I cleaned the kitchen. Then she watched one her of shows while I cleaned my bedroom and her bedroom, putting away clothes, etc. Then we played with rice and Easter eggs.  This kept her busy for about 40 minutes, she would scoop up the rice with the Easter egg and put it in the other bowl.  Then she started pouring the rice from bowl to bowl.  Kevin came home for lunch and before he left Madalyn had brought her dolls and stuffed animals into our bed.  Before Kevin left to go back to work, Madalyn had him kiss all of her toys "good-bye" two times before she let him go.  Then we played a little more and she went down for a nap, and I did a little more house work, then I took a little nap myself.  She woke up and we played some more, until she went to bed a few minutes ago.  It's so nice to not have the stress of school to worry with this week.  I can just enjoy being at home with Madalyn.  On the weekends, we stay so busy, that it's rare we have a chance to just enjoy playing for the day.  Even if we don't have something to, I'm so tired from the week, that I don't feel like playing.  When I have a break like this from school, it's just amazing to me what all Madalyn can do and say.  During the week, things are so busy and stressful I don't get to enjoy her because we have to stick to our schedule and plus I'm so tired once I get home, so I'm looking forward to this week having time to just enjoy being a mom.  (Oh, a quick health up date: my eyes are finally looking white again-the Pink Eye is almost gone, and she seems to be fine from her ear infection and the other sickness is long gone. Hopefully, once this ear infection is over, we can keep her ears well and the rest of her well for a good while...and me too. )  Here's some pictures from our day.


 
I love this picture! Madalyn was saying "Ta Da!" when I took this picture.
 
Now, she was pretending to go "night-night".
 
 
 
 

No comments: