Our Family

Our Family

Friday, January 3, 2014

My Sick Little Girl

Well, this is Madalyn's third Christmas, and so far each Christmas, she ends up sick the week after with fever, an ear infection, cough and congestion.  I had posted earlier that it began Monday night with a fever of 103. Tuesday, it came back that evening and has stayed until today. She has kept a fever of 101 or 102, but so far, we have been fever free for almost 24 hours.  I took Madalyn to the doctor Thursday morning and her right ear was infected. So she started on an antibiotic (I'm praying that she doesn't break out in hives). She has been a sick little girl. Madalyn is very active and this week she has played some but our evenings have been her curled up on the couch with me sitting at her feet.  And I haven't in any way told her to rest, she has just felt that bad. I am glad that I have been home this week to be with her.  However, she has the best attitude when she's sick. She is still her easy going self, but needs needs to me to hold her a little more. Which I gladly do, because it's rare she slows down long enough for you to just hold her anymore. Which is one thing I miss about her being a baby, is that you can just sit and hold her for as long as you like. The other thing I miss is when she was a baby, you could put her down and she would stay where you put her. ;0) However, I wouldn't want her to stay a baby forever. Each stage I enjoy the new changes, but miss some of the old; and to think in three months she will be 3 years old. Where does the time go?


This has been my baby girl all week.

Poor baby girl! :0(

However...this morning, with a fever free night and morning she had perked up some.

By this afternoon...she was still fever free and getting cabin fever..
We have played with all the new Christmas toys, puzzles, colored, watched TV, we couldn't go outside ...so I pulled out her finger painting set she got for Christmas to give her something new to do.

It was a big hit! So glad my baby girl is feeling better! :0)



1 comment:

Unknown said...

A fever, ear infection, as well as cough and congestion? Poor little girl! I’m glad the fever didn’t last more than a week. It must be the ear infection, which are common in children, which brought about all the other symptoms. It’s usually not serious, but it could be risky when teamed up with all those symptoms.

Joel Haynes @ Herrin Pediatric