Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Baby #2 Update: 12 Weeks

Each Tuesday is when I change to a new week in my pregnancy, so this Tuesday I was 12 weeks. This Wednesday, I went to the doctor for my 12 week appointment. All was good, we heard a good strong heartbeat.  I have been comparing this pregnancy to my first and some things, so far, are similar and others have been different. For example: I have had more aches and pains this go round. Like if I am sitting and I get up, I will feel pulling on either side, sometimes it feels like cramps, etc. My doctor says it's just the ligaments stretching out again, and it's normal. Which it has gotten a lot better and I'm not complaining but just concerned and wanted to make sure things were normal.  With Madalyn, I started "morning sickness" at week 7 and it ended at week 10. Which is was more like afternoon-evening sickness is when I would be bothered by it. And I was more nausea, than anything, I never actually threw-up (not that you wanted to know that).  With this pregnancy, as the same with Madalyn, the "afternoon" sickness started at week 7 and has still continued.  I am great in the mornings, but by 2 or 3 every afternoon the "queasy" starts and stays until like 6 or 7 that evening. Sometimes it may hit later like 5 or 6 and stay until I go to bed. I feel better when I eat something, but it changes each day as far as what tastes good to me. But I can eat pretty much whatever, like pizza or Mexican doesn't bother me. But like one day saltines help with the yucky feeling and the next day just thought of eating saltines makes me feel sicker.  Ginger Ale has been my friend and any kind of salty snack except potato chips ( they make me feel sicker).  I haven't had any food cravings yet (I didn't have any with Madalyn either.)  I am not sleeping that great. Some nights I might sleep from 10:00 to 4:00 before waking up for the first time; other nights I wake up like every hour or two. Most of the time when I wake up, it's not to get up to go to the bathroom, I just can't get comfortable. However, we have said for some time now that we need to get a new mattress, so that could be some of it. As far as being tired, some days I get very sleepy in the afternoons and other days I'm fine.  So far, I'm still in my regular clothes and I haven't really started showing yet.  I am not complaining about my pregnancy symptoms, just comparing notes to the first.  I am so grateful for this baby and this pregnancy that feeling yucky each day for a few hours is worth it. Also, the not sleeping that great part I know is just preparing me for the newborn to come.  :0)

Madalyn knows that there's a baby in my tummy.  She thinks by looking at my tummy that she can see it. Her Sunday School teachers asked Madalyn about her new baby cousin that was coming in December (my sister-in-law, Katelyn is pregnant too and due Christmas.  We are two weeks apart.) Madalyn said she wasn't having a baby cousin, she was having a baby sister.  So she "spilled the beans" before we had a chance to tell them. However, we don't know yet if it's a sister or brother, but Madalyn says it's a sister.  We will find out the end of August what the baby is.

I love pictures! I took belly pictures each month when I was pregnant with Madalyn and I am doing the same with this baby also.  I like going back and looking at them and how my belly changed each month.  I haven't posted any yet, so these pics will catch me up to date.  I go back for my 16 week check up the end of July, so I'll post another baby update then.  :0)


5 weeks
Mother's Day weekend; just found out I was expecting baby #2!

8 weeks
We saw our little "gummy bear" for the first time!

12 weeks
The first trimester is almost done!













No comments: