Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Pretty in Pink and An Organized Room

I took some pictures of Madalyn this morning.  She loves the color pink and anytime we go shopping she picks out whatever she likes in of course PINK!










Madalyn and Bella


She loves her kitty!


This week my mom has been down and we have been cleaning out Madalyn's room and her closet to get ready for the new addition coming. I wanted to see what baby stuff I did have and make a list of what I will need for the new baby regardless if it's a girl or boy.  Also, I just needed to get Madalyn's room more organized. I would show you the "before" pictures, but I'm so embarrassed for how her room and her closet looked. Oh my goodness! We couldn't see Madalyn's floor, or anything else in her room, or my den or kitchen. For one child, she had so much stuff, and it was mainly clothes.  I have been so pleased with the end result. Her closet has never been this organized or clean.  I mean for years I haven't been able to even shut the door.  

However, if this baby is a girl, many of the clothes won't be able to be used because they will be different sizes at different times. For example, most of Madalyn's summer stuff is 3 months old, and this baby will be 3 months in April. Also, Madalyn was 6-9 months in the fall and this baby will be 9-12, so I can use some stuff. Also, this baby could be bigger than Madalyn and be in bigger sizes sooner.  I had the comment made if its a girl, then you won't need anything, but that's not true. I will need some things, and if it's a boy, I will for sure need things. However, when I picked out my bigger items for Madalyn, I made sure to do neutral colors so in case the second was a boy he wouldn't have to have a pink car seat. :0)

Madalyn's Room

Madalyn will move into the other bedroom and I will use the same crib and furiture for the new baby. I took down all her nursery bedding, etc. 



 

The closet: I'm so proud! I keep walking in the closet and just looking at it. I tell you no lie when I say you couldn't close the door or find the floor.

This is Madalyn's side. 

 

The new baby's side of the closet.








No comments: