Our Family

Our Family

Friday, June 6, 2014

Madalyn's ER Trip on Tuesday

Tuesday afternoon, around 5:00pm, Madalyn and I were in the den. I got up to go to the bathroom. When I was in the bathroom I heard a thump and then Madalyn crying.  I knew by the sound of her crying that she was really hurt. She came around the corner bleeding from her forehead. When I cleaned the blood away I could see her skin had separated and she might need stitches. Madalyn was carrying a blanket and she tripped over the blanket and hit her head on the bottom corner of our dresser.  So I called Kevin and my mother-in-law to come give me their opinion. Kevin and I decided to take her to the ER to get her checked out.  Thankfully, they didn't have to do stitches, they were able to glue it back together, which was less traumatic for Madalyn and us. We couldn't have asked for a better doctor, he was great with Madalyn. In 25 minutes we were done and on our way to get a pink milkshake for Madalyn as a treat for being such a good and brave girl. The doctor did tell us to keep sunscreen on her face and keep the cut covered, to help prevent scaring for the summer. At least she has bangs and that can help protect it some.


I know the picture is blurry, but we were on the way to the ER.

The doctor let Madalyn be his little assistant. He put gloves on her and let her hold the glue.

It's all better now.

On the way home with her pink milkshake.




On a different note,  Madalyn is doing really well from getting tubes put in. Thursday was my last day at school. I'm glad to be out for awhile. I told Kevin that he began my school year in the Barnwell ER and Madalyn has ended my year there, so I pray our family is done with ER visits. I have to keep reminding Madalyn to go "slowly" and to watch where she is walking. I can't tell you how many times since Tuesday, she's almost hit her head again. Hopefully, we will have a safe summer. 

1 comment:

Katie said...

Glad she didn't need stitches. So far we have avoided the ER, but I see a trip in our future. Just this week, Michael fell and skinned his knees. And required more than just a regular old bandaid. Hopefully no more ER visits for you this summer!