Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Madalyn's Big Announcement

This weekend Madalyn shared a big announcement with our family and friends.


Madalyn's going to be a Big Sister!

Baby #2 at 8 weeks



I will be 10 weeks on Tuesday. I am due January 13th, but a C-section will be done at 39 weeks unless like Madalyn this one comes early. My blood pressure doubled the day I went into labor with Madalyn so if that happens again, they might have to do a C-section earlier.  Madalyn and this baby will be a few months of being 4 years apart.

Baby #2 Journey: We had planned to get pregnant back in August or September. However, in July I saw a cardiologist for heart issues and was told by the doctor to wait. Then when I was cleared, the very next week Kevin was in the hospital with his heart problem and again in September. In October, I had an ovarian cyst to rupture. I had to wait for two month to see if the cyst was going dissolve on it's on or if I would need surgery. There's been other things that have gone on and we have done a lot of waiting. It has been very frustrating at times and there's been many tears.   I actually found out Mother's Day weekend that I was expecting again.  I took the test that Saturday; so it was an extra special Mother's Day for me. We are so excited to have been blessed after months of praying and waiting, and both of us being in physical pain. We both pray that I will have a healthy pregnancy and for a healthy baby no matter if it's pink or blue.  :0) My prediction: PINK! 

Madalyn went with us to our appointment. We haven't said much to her about the baby because it's a long time yet and I know she wouldn't understand really. But when the lady was doing the sonoagram, Kevin told her to look and see what Mommy ate for lunch. Madalyn's answer "squash". I didn't but I guess it does kindof look like a squash. We ask bother if she wants a brother or sister. Most of the time she says sister but some times she says both.  So Madalyn's prediction: Yellow as in squash.

Kevin's prediction: he thinks I will be wrong this time but I knew all along that Madalyn would be a girl. So we will see, but I know that Madalyn's answer isn't correct. :0)




1 comment:

Katie said...

Congratulations!!!