Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, February 25, 2017

February Unwrapped

We are nearing the end of February and it was like 80 degrees today but will be 40 tomorrow.  This weather is so crazy! So what's been going on lately with us? I have been so busy, I have not had time to blog.

-I am finishing a six week graduate course that I have to had for my recertification of my teaching certificate that is due in June. I started this class on Wednesday and the tornado hit on Saturday. The class hasn't been bad, but I am glad to be almost done and have this behind me.

-My brother-in-law, Ryan, was hospitalized with a serious infection in his blood stream due to a muscle tear in his back that he did when working out.  The tear caused muscle tissue to get into his blood stream. He is well now but on light duty for work.

-My mom had her second knee replacement surgery. She is doing ok all things considering.  We hope this time her recovery time won't be 8 months.

-One of Kevin's grandmothers was in the hospital for a few days with some heart issues, but is ok now.

-Alexis has had a double ear infection. I took her Thursday for her recheck and her ears were clear. However, Madalyn now has an ear infection.

-We finally got our front yard cleaned up today with all the debris from the tornado. :0)

-Kevin is beyond worked til he's so tired..pray for some dependable help for him at the chicken houses. He hasn't had a day off since Jan.8th, that includes working Sundays. He's bee to church twice since Jan.1st.

-Dealing with insurance has been a nightmare with the chicken houses..pray for that to come to a peaceful settlement soon.

-We have had two more tornado warnings since the first tornado hit. One came at 3 am on Wednesday, Feb. 8th and the other one came on Wednesday, Feb.15th at 11 am. Alexis and her preschool had to be evacuated to the local church and we had to duck and cover for about 30 minutes at school. I had kindergarten at the time and we were all in the gym practicing for a program. So we had 60 something kids with us. Thankfully in both cases nothing touched down. However, Kevin was home during the second one and he said it got really rough at the house. We were also told by my brother-in-law who works at the police department that the National Weather people told them, the tornado on Feb.15th was taking the same path as the one on Jan.21st. I am so over this crazy weather! Those that have lived in all their lives have said they have not ever seen it like this before. But these days of hot then cold and it's causing severe thunderstorms.  I told Kevin I was about ready to relocate. We still are so jumpy and haven't gotten over the first one yet.

Like I said, so much has gone on in the last six weeks, I almost can't keep up with it all. I keep praying for it to slow down and get better soon. I hope it does.

Valentine's Day-yes I know this is a late post too :0)


Madalyn's valentines from us



Alexis valentines from us.







No comments: