Our Family

Our Family

Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day...A Day Late

 Happy a day late Mother's Day to all the m oms out there! Thank you for all that you do for us! Yesterday was such a busy day, I didn't get a chance to write about my mother's day. We didn't get to see my parents this weekend.  It didn't work out for us to go up or for them to come down.  However, they are coming down this Wednesday and will get to keep Madalyn Thursday and Friday, while we are at work and school.  We went to church and Sunday School.  When we got home, Kevin had to go work  at the chicken houses. We had lunch at Kevin's grandma's house, Mrs. Kitty, with everyone (about 30 people I think.). When we got home, Kevin had to go work at the chicken houses again. Madalyn took a 3 hour nap! While she was napping I graded papers, averaged grades, made a study guide for a test for this week. Kevin came in during this time and took a short hour nap. I woke Madalyn up from her nap because by this time it was 6:00. I cooked supper, feed Madalyn and Kevin, and of course myself. Then I talked on the phone to my great aunt Ann to wish her a happy mother's day. Then I got Madalyn ready for bed. Watched a little TV, then took a shower, dried and straightened my hair and it was 9:30 when I got in bed and could relax for the day. Whew! Yes, it was a busy day. I tried so hard to get a smiley, still picture of Madalyn...but you know how that goes. If you look closely, poor baby, she has a scratch under her left eye, a scratch that goes from her nose, across her cheek to her right ear. Then on her forehead on the right side, it's red, because I accidentally knocked her in the head with camera. I was trying to pick her up and as I leaned over my camera hit her. Then later at Mrs. Kitty's she fell, face first, on the asphalt and skinned up her nose. Let's just say her face had a rough weekend. Even though it was a busy day, I told Madalyn that for me, every day was Mother's Day because God gave me you. Which is true, everyday I get to see that smiley face in the morning before work and when I pick her up in the afternoon (that is after I get her home, because she screams and cries when she has to leave MeMe's house and does NOT want to go in her car seat.) my day is complete with a hug and kiss from this sweet, precious baby girl.





No comments: