Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Our Thanksgiving Break

Whew! This have been a super busy past 4 days. We left on Wednesday to come to Greer, and Wednesday was a mad dash for me to prepare to come. Wednesday evening, we cooked, Thursday morning we cooked. Thursday we went to my uncle's house to eat, (like we have always done, but my aunt's presence was missed.) Then we came home and planned what we had to cook for the next day and we discussed where we would go shopping. Friday morning about 9:00 am, we went to a few stores around Greer; Target, Belk, Hobby Lobby, we didn't go more than ten minutes from my parents house.  I had no desire to get into the mall traffic of cars or people.  And the few places we did go, it wasn't crowded at all.  We came home and put Madalyn down for a nap.  I slipped out the door for some "ME" time, meaning a 35 minute break and  I was back with a fresh pedicure.  I so needed those 35 minutes to myself. I haven't had a pedicure since July.  That's the one thing that I have always treated myself to every month normally, but now that I have Madalyn I can't go because she wouldn't sit still for me to take her, but one day I'm sure she will join me.  Then we actually went back to Target, and came home and started cooking again.  We headed to Anderson last night for my aunt and uncle's house, this time it was my dad's side of the family we were having Thanksgiving with.  Today, we started our morning off  with a visit to see Santa (those pictures will come later), lunch at my other aunt's house, then finally a much needed afternoon nap.  Now, my dad has a roaring fire going in the fire place and Kevin's watching football waiting on the big game CLEMSON vs. CAROLINA.  And I'm like, boy where has the time gone, it's time for school again, yuck! It's been busy, but I've gotten a good start on my Christmas shopping and I've had the chance to see a lot of family which has been nice.  Tomorrow, we will head back home after a Sunday lunch..that is if I can possibly eat any more.

 
 
Friday- We don't have leaves around our house that we rake up; we have little leaves, so seeing big piles of leaves was knew to Madalyn.  She had the best time playing in them.
 
 
 
 
 

 
 


No comments: