Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Sickness and No Voice

So two Saturdays ago, Nov.3rd, that evening Madalyn started to run a low fever, it was 99. something under her arm.  They say to add a degree when under the arm. I gave her some medicine and Sunday she was fine, so we went on to church like normal. That after noon she started again 99 something.  Then Sunday evening it was 100.3. Monday she seemed okay and she didn't have any other symptoms going on but the fever, and you could tell she didn't feel good.  Tuesday, I was off due to Election Day.  Kevin and I went and voted at lunch, while Pop stayed with Madalyn.  When we got back (and we were only gone 20 minutes at the most) she was once again running a fever.  I gave her some medicine and put her down for a nap.  She didn't sleep long and when she got up for like the next 40 minutes it didn't matter if I was holding her or not, nothing would make her happy and she was just crying and screaming and I was like okay I think we need to see a doctor.  So I made an appointment for her the next morning.  Tuesday evening, her temp was 102.6 and she threw up, so I just knew there was something going on, because Madalyn had not run a fever before. Wednesday morning (I took the morning off from school) went to the doctor....it was..VIRAL ....AKA they don't know what's wrong! Everything was normal, and said it should stop in a few days. She has finally this weekend got back to herself.

While all this was going on with her, last Monday I woke up with my throat hurting.  It continued Tuesday and Wednesday, it was constantly hurting all day. I had the school nurse look at my throat and she said that it was red and my glands were swollen, just to keep a watch on it. ( I had a student that was out due to strep throat the week before, so I was thinking that could be what was going on with me.) Thursday when I woke up my voice was on the verge of going away.  Friday and Saturday I could barely talk, I was mostly whispering.  Now, you try to do your job of teaching 22 students and not being able to talk..yeah...it was difficult to say the least.  Sunday my voice was starting to return, it's Day 6 for me and my voice is about 90% I would say from being back to normal.  I am still horse and still cannot raise my voice to the level that I normally can.  This has been rough. I normally may go horse the first week of school, but I have never lost my voice like this before.  I am so ready to be back to normal.  Kevin really made fun of me this weekend. He thought it was so funny the way I was sounding and he would say things like "What?" I can't hear you, speak up." Ha Ha, Kevin.

No comments: