Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Names

As you may have read before that Madalyn's name was just a name that we both have always liked. It has the 'lyn at the end for my Mom, whose name is Lynn. Her middle name is Rae after her great grandpa, Papa Ray.


When deciding on names for this baby girl we went back and forth with the first name. We had two that we liked, but we were pretty set on the middle name, Ann, which is after my great aunt Ann, and Madalyn's great great aunt.  In October it will be two years that my aunt passed away after losing her battle to lymphoma after 7 years of fighting.  She was my grandmother's sister.  I was just as close to her as I was my grandmother and after I lost my grandmother I really hung onto Ann because I didn't have a grandmother anymore.  So, we finally decided on a name for this baby girl, "Alexis Ann McCormick" and she will be called "Alexis".  My grandmother and my aunt were as close as sisters could possibly be. I pray that my girls will be as close as they were and will love each other and get along. I know they won't get along all the time, but I do pray they have a close and loving relationship towards one another.

This is a picture of Ann and Madalyn. She came to see Madalyn when she was 2 weeks old. (April 2011)



My uncle Bobby and aunt Ann at our wedding. (June 2008)



No comments: