Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

No More Cactus!

Saturday around lunch, the girls and I were outside.  The tree that fell on the house really opened up a flower that I have in the backyard, so I was going to start planting some flowers.  Alexis comes to me holding her hands out and crying. I look at her hands, but I didn't see anything. She continues to walk around the yard, crying and holding her hands out. I look at them again in the sun and then I see. Both her hands were full of tiny, hair like needles. She had obviously gotten into a cactus. So I got my tweezers but the tweezers wouldn't pull them out and there were so many. I called Kevin's mom and took her to her house. We looked up on google to see what to do. The first thing it said to do was to use white, liquid glue, and put it all over her hands, let it dry and then peel it off. We did that, it didn't work. We tried about 5 things before finding the one that did work...Gorilla tape! So between gorilla tape and tweezers we were able to get them all out. It took us over an hour to fix her little hands. The thing that made it so difficult was because you couldn't see them but could feel them. The larger needles you could see if the sun hit her hands right. Poor baby! It was quit the ordeal for her and me. So FYI: if that happens to anyone you know, try gorilla tape first.

This was the cactus she tried to pick up; which I did not see her.


This was our first attempt with the glue that didn't work.



No comments: