Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, January 11, 2009

In the words of a Child

Well, most of you know that I am a teacher and I teach third grade. This is my first year teaching third grade, I taught second for 3 years. I am enjoying the change and I have a really good class this year! After having 4 years of teaching and being around kids all my life, you learn to realize that you just never know what they are going to say or do next. One thing I love about my job is that it is never boring! One day is never like the next. I should keep an on going journal on what my kids say sometimes....maybe I should start and then write a book one day.....??? WELL, this past week I was sick, kind of. I was having sinus problems (which is nothing unusual for me) and on Tuesday my throat was hurting a lot. By Wednesday morning, it had stopped hurting but I had almost lot my voice. Now some people may decide that that was enough reason to stay home, but not me. When you are a teacher, you will do anything not to be out of the classroom and have to find a sub. We go even if we are on our "death" bed. (of course there are a few that wouldn't do that...)Well, I was going back and forth from sounding like Minnie Mouse and Kermit the Frog, when one of my kids came up with the idea of what would help my voice. He said, "Mrs. McCormick, I think you need to take the next 5 days off, sit in bed, and eat peppermints, because your voice sounds awful." So simple, yet, it just might have of worked. They see the world through different eyes. Sometimes I wish I could see things the way they do.

No comments: