Our Family

Our Family

Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today is my 28th birthday! I cannot believe that in 2 years I will be 30! But I feel like I should be about 24 or 25. I don't realize I am that old. I got to celebrate my birthday with my family at the lake. For as long as I can remember we have always celebrated my birthday at the lake. Since it was so close to the 4th we were down there for the 4th and family would come down and I would get to celebrate my birthday too! I told Kevin that all I wanted for my birthday was to be able to go to the lake and see my family. Kevin had to work today, but after he gets off, we are going out to "eat Mexico" as my former roomie, Ashley, from college would say. My favorite thing to eat is Mexican food. There's a pretty good Mexican restaurant in Barnwell, that we like to go to. So, most of the day Abby and I will spend together.
This was my birthday cake. My cousin Beth made it for me. It's homemade. I love her chocolate cake! Delicious!




I just wanted to take the time to count my blessings for the past 28 years.

*I have been blessed to have the 2 best parents a girl could ask for. They have always been there for me, supporting me, encouraging me, giving me so many opportunities that most don't have, etc. Thank you!

*I have been blessed to have a wonderful family. I am very close to my family, always have been. I love when we get together. You can always count on them.

*I have been blessed to have such wonderful friends, whom are there when you need them.

*I have been blessed to have married into a wonderful, loving family. Family is so important to me and Kevin and God blessed me with Kevin's family.

*I have been blessed to have a job at the school that I work in. God truly blessed me when He opened the doors for me to work at Kelly Edwards.

*I have been blessed to have the cutest, smartest, sweetest black poodle in the world!
*I have been blessed to have the most wonderful, loving, caring, giving, Christian, husband in the world by Kevin! I love you! And Kevin would want me to add "manly". :0)

*I have been blessed by my health. Sure I have had problems, who doesn't, but God has seen me through those times and has healed me.

*Most importantly, I have been blessed to have a Lord and Savior that would die for me and loves me no matter how many times I mess up. Through the happy times and sad times, He has been there through it all. My favorite poem is the "Footprints" poem. We have walked many paths together in my short life, and He has been there to either hold my hand or carry me. Life is precious. Time goes by very fast. It's a comfort to know during my life journey and at the end of it, My God, is with me and will be waiting for me with open arms. My favorite verse in the Bible is this: " Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain." 1 Corinthians 15:58.

If you haven't asked Christ Jesus into your heart, do not wait another day, another moment, do it now. It will be the most precious gift and most rewarding thing you every do!












No comments: