Our Family

Our Family

Monday, July 27, 2009

What's Up with Us?

Things have been busy around the McCormick household. Kevin's been working hard and lots of long hours. We started working on finishing our back porch. This included, staining the deck (twice) the first I had Kevin's help, then I did the 2nd coat by myself, which took a long time. Then Kevin has screened the porch. We have to put the boards over where the screen meets together, cut the doors, and stain them, then I think it will be almost finished. I post pictures when we get to that point. Then, I was at school Monday-Thursday last week, working in my classroom, or should I say "painting" my classroom. Yes, they paint the rooms, but it's such an old school that most teachers paint themselves so they can paint it how they want to. My room is white with dark blue trim (school colors). So this week, I will be back at school working on getting the classroom ready and getting everything that you have to do for another year to start. It's sad that summer is over, but it's a bit exciting about a new school year starting. You have new ideas and a new bunch of kids. There's a certain thrill to being able to start over. It's hard to walk by the school supply aisle and not buy something. I love the smell of new books and school supplies. I think Meg Ryan said it best in the movie "You've Got Mail", "I love New York in the fall, I feel like someone should bring me a bouquet of sharpened pencils". I love that quote. You can start to feel fall in the air. It's coming, and that school bell is going to ring for the first time in 9 weeks on August 17th. So, I shouldn't waste any more time blogging about it and get busy. **Pray for a great school year!

No comments: