Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, January 17, 2010

A Long Weekend

Even though we just had a two week break for Christmas, we had a long weekend.

Friday, was a teacher workday. That was nice, not to have kids. I wish that each week I only had to work 4 days with kids and every Friday could be a teacher workday. When I came home Kevin, said since you had all day to work, then you are all ready for school on Tuesday, right? Nope. I tell you, it just takes time to get things ready. I went through a pack and a half of paper, copying things Friday and still didn't get everything copied for this week coming. And I'm talking about just copying the basic stuff, nothing extra.

Saturday, I got up about 20 till 8:00 and got ready to come to Greer, without Kevin. (Kevin's finishing washing down and getting the next two houses ready for chickens. We get those chickens not this Thursday but next. Then all the houses will be full again.) 385 is closed, so I had to come a new way-I had to go up through Spartanburg and come through Duncan to get to Greer and will have to go back that way tomorrow. Saturday I met my high school best friend Lindsey for lunch. I hadn't seen her since sometime this fall way before Thanksgiving. We had a nice lunch. Then my mom met me and we went shopping. Saturday night, Keith, Felicia, Emily, and Papa came over. Felicia's birthday was January 6th, so we were celebrating her birthday.

Sunday, we slept late, I woke up to a fire (in the fire place of course) and my mom fixed a good breakfast of eggs, sausage, grits, biscuits, yum! My mom and I went to visit my aunt and uncle, Ann and Bob for a little while. Then we had a bridal shower to go to for a cousin of mine, Jennifer Pickelsimer, who is getting married March 13, 2010. After the shower, we went to the movies to see "Leap Year". It was such a good movie! I highly recommend it. It was so, so good. It was one of the best movies I've seen in long time. My mom and I both really liked it. I'm still at my parents' house right now (Kevin teases me if I say I'm at home, he says I don't live there anymore and that my home is in Blackville now. :0) Tomorrow, we have school off for MLK day. So this will be a 4 day week, which I'm glad. Last week, wasn't too good. Especially, Tuesday and Wednesday. The kids were very talkative and just didn't want to listen and I had some that were really showing out with their behavior. I hope this week things will be better. I'm glad that I don't have to go tomorrow and get to sleep in. However, once I get back home tomorrow, I have school work to do. A teacher's job is never done. As least for now I can just relax and be thankful the clock won't go off tomorrow.

No comments: