Our Family

Our Family

Friday, April 15, 2011

Madalyn almost 4 weeks old

Monday, April 18th, Madalyn will be 4 weeks old. I can't believe how fast this first month has gone by. I wanted to make some pictures, but Madalyn cannot wear many of her clothes yet, she is still in the newborn size. However, those sleepers are getting shorter and fitting better, so I suspect it won't be long and she will be out of them. I was looking through her closet and found this dress that she got a her Greenville shower from Jodi Harter, and it was newborn size. It was still a little big on her, but it fit pretty well. So I grabbed the basket and white blanket that we used during her photo session that Brantley did and since it was a nice day outside I decided to grab a few pictures on our front porch. However, this photo session took a lot longer than expected, every time I put her in the basket she started to cry. So we had to take a few breaks that included feeding time, 2 diaper changes (which one ended up with something on her dress), and a few other times of me calming her down before I was able to get some pictures before she started getting upset again. Madalyn is a pretty even tempered baby or so she has been so far, but of course, today when I'm trying to make pictures, she didn't want to have her picture taken at first. The glare was also bothering her, because she has really big dark blue eyes. (You can see them best at 3 in the morning. :0). So, anyway, after about 30 minutes, here are some pictures that I think I got some good shots.





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jill, I can't get over how beautiful Madalyn is!! I am so happy for you both. God is awesome! I saw Lynn yesterday and it felt good until she said you would be 30 this year. Where has the time gone since you were in 3rd grade and she and I worked for Dr. Hicks? I will always love your family! Congratulations on your sweet baby girl. I'm happy for you and Kevin! And so if you ever need a babysitter...I owe you:] Love and hugs, Karen Shaw

Wanda said...

My favorite one is the top left. She is so sweet and I enjoyed holding her during our visit. Take care and hope to see you soon! Aunt Wanda