Our Family

Our Family

Monday, April 25, 2011

We are Hot, Hot Hot!

Yes, the song we are all singing in the McCormick household is that we are "Hot, Hot, Hot!" Two Thursdays ago, April 14th, I came home and it was very hot in our house. I noticed that when I turned on the air it wasn't getting cooler but hotter. It was 74 when I turned on the air and then it got up to 77 degrees in the house. Kevin tried to work with the air, but couldn't get it to come on. We used the natural AC that night, open the windows and turn on the fan. Friday night there were some bad storms that were suppose to come through so we stayed at Kevin's parents' house. Then my parents came down for Kevin's b-day weekend and we had a nice breeze and it wasn't too bad in the house. By Tuesday of last week, the afternoon, it was way too hot for Madalyn, Abby, and I to stay so we loaded up and headed to Mrs. Katie's. And we have been there ever since. The man came to fix the air, but ordered the wrong part and here it is, Monday, April 25th at 10:30 am, and still the air hasn't been fixed. I have come home this morning to wash some clothes, bottles, and do some house work. With the windows and fan it's not too bad in the morning, but I know by the afternoon we will have to leave again. I hope our AC will get fixed today; they say the part hasn't come in yet.


Last Wednesday evening, I started hurting really bad; a bad pain in my side. It continued all night and so I called my doctor Thursday morning and they wanted me to come in. He said that he thought it was a pulled muscle and that I had done more than I should have with bending and lifting things. I mean Wednesday night at 3:30 am I was in tears I was hurting so bad. So, I've had to go back to watching what I'm doing so I can get well. But since I don't hurt all the time, I forget I've had a C-section. I told Mrs. Katie, here it is the 21st of April a month later and we are having some repeat of what we did a month ago; me not feeling good, Mrs. Katie taking me to Augusta to my doctor. I told her that I hoped I wouldn't need her to take me to the doctor next month on the 21st.

No comments: