Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Changes, Changes, and more Changes

This past week has been full of changes for our family. It was my first official week back at work and Madalyn's first official week with her Meme and Hunter. We both did very well. However, going from being at home for the past 4 1/2 months to a 50 hr. plus work week has been very tiring. (And just a side note, I only get paid for 35 of those hours) and Madalyn has been very tired from getting up early and watching Hunter and playing with Hunter all day. They get along very well together; which I'm glad. I'm pretty much ready for the week; I'm for sure have everything ready for Monday.

This morning I got up at 5:45 because I heard Madalyn moving around and we didn't have any bottles ready for her. ( I was to tired last night to clean and sterilize them) So I did that, then decided to start on my laundry ( 3 complete loads of washing, drying, folding, and putting away.) Cleaned up our bedroom, washed dishes, and straightened up the den. Kevin was like now what are you going to do the rest of the day? Well, at 7:50 Madalyn and I were on our way to Aiken to the doctor. My doctor's office is open on Saturdays from 9-11 and Sundays for a 2 hour window for sick children only for a first come first serve basis. Last week she had been sneezing some and coughing some and this morning her cough sounded bad. So I thought it was best to go ahead and get it checked out. She has a bad stuffy nose, upper respiratory thing. Her ears and lungs were cleared. I have to use saline drops and then suck the stuff out (she doesn't like this at all!) and things like that. So, thankfully no worse, but glad I checked it out before it did go to her lungs or ears. Then Madalyn had her first veggie for lunch...green beans. She loved them! At first she was like; this isn't cereal....this is yummier than cereal! I first gave her half of the Gerber stage one cup of green beans. She was looking around like, where's the rest? So she ended up eating the whole thing! She weighed 15.2 lbs. She has gain a pound and a half since her last doctor visit. So, that's the scoop on us! I will do my best to get my completed classroom pictures up this week; I haven't had the time to take the pics yet.

No comments: