Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Mr. Mom



This week, as you know, was my first week back and school. From not working for the past 4 1/2 months, I have been very tired. Leaving the house at 6:30 or earlier each day and getting home around 5:00 has left me wanting to go to bed as soon as I get home. ( Ha Ha!) But Madalyn needs to be feed a bottle and then cereal, dinner needs to be cooked, bottles washed, clothes washed, dishes washed, things prepared for the next day for Madalyn and me, showers and baths to be taken, school work to be done, and finally crawling into bed around 9:30. Kevin has completely taken over for me this week. He is taking Madalyn each morning to his mom's house around 6:30. I have picked her up the past two days but didn't get her today; he finished his work before me so he got her today. He is completely taking care of her while I cook dinner (or sometimes he will help with dinner). He gives her a bath every night and gets her ready for bed while I'm doing school work and preparing myself for the next day. Then he is washing bottles and cleaning the kitchen and washing clothes. The four hours that I have at home before bed time go by in a hurry. I'm trying to spend as much time as I can with Madalyn after being gone all day, but during the school week that is hard to do. But Kevin has been so good to take over. He has become Mr. Mom; and is getting really good at his job. (Including not wanting to waste a diaper because the tape part on one side came off; so he used masking tape to hold it on. And hey, it worked really well.) I really appreciate it; I can't do it all and wouldn't be able to do all that I have to do without his help and keep me from loosing my mind.



Kevin says this is his favorite part of the day; holding his baby girl in his arms.

.

2 comments:

thesandifers said...

Praying for you guys!! I know you are both exhausted! You guys are great parents and I know Madalynn knows what a wonderful mommy and daddy she has. :)

Wanda said...

Sounds like you two have things under control. Parenting isn't an easy task but so worth it!