Our Family

Our Family

Friday, August 17, 2012

Back to School

So, I started going "back to school" about 2 weeks ago. I have already blogged about going a week for mentor training. This past week, I started the week off with sitting in on interviewing a new 2nd grade teacher. Then I have been busy, busy, busy, etc. with getting ready for the upcoming school year. Thursday, we had our registration day and "Meet" the teacher day from 1:00 pm-7:00pm. By the time I got home, Madalyn got her bath and went to bed. So that wasn't any fun that night not getting to spend any time with her.  She has been so worn out with going and playing at preschool, plus neither she or I are use to getting up so early and going every morning.  And she has not been taking a good nap either in the afternoons.  Mrs. Katie is remodeling her kitchen and house so there's lots going on there and she doesn't want to miss anything. So many things left to be done to be prepared for Monday....right now and all this week I have been allowing the "negative" thoughts creep into my head and stay there about this school year.  Please pray for them to go away but without saying much, please pray for this school year, so many changes and challenges.  Some of the changes are good, some I will just have to work through them.  To add to the challenges that I will face next week, Kevin will have all 4 chicken houses go out this Sunday night. This has never been done before. When 2 go out, it's an all night process and now 4...oh my goodness! He's going to be a ghost around our house for the next three to four weeks and me starting back to school on top of it.  Poor Mad, is going to think we have left her. So, just keep our little family in your prayers.  My blog post may or may not depending on everything stop for a little while. I'm so tired and just exhausted already....but there's no time to sleep for the busy teacher.  We all might be walking zombies by this same time next week.

Here's a picture of what our past two weeks have been like around the McCormick household and how it has affected Madalyn.


Yes, I am aware that her clothes don't match, she has one sock on, and her feet are hanging out of the crib.  It's been a whirlwind the past two weeks.

Kevin found her like this and I just had to get a picture. And we did move her legs back inside the crib.

No comments: