Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Update on Us

I know it's been awhile since I have last blogged, but the past three weeks have been full of sickness and oh so busy!  Here's what's been going on these past few weeks.

Madalyn
The last time I blogged she was sick with a stomach virus and it started over the weekend. She continued that next week with constant diarrhea and I called the doctor's office and they said that as long as she wasn't running fever and there wasn't any blood, not to bring her in until after the 7 day mark or if things got worse. So that brought us to the next weekend. Saturday and Sunday morning I woke up with her waking up and a mess in her bed, which lead to like the 20th change in sheets and clothes and straight to the tub she went.  She continued into the week, which was last week, so by day 12 I decided it was time to take her to the doctor.  Her doctor said that she really thought this was still the virus and gave her some probiotics to take for a few days.  She said if by day 14 she hasn't stopped to take a diaper sample to the hospital for them to run tests on it.  Thankfully, she stopped on day 12 and has been fine since then.  I have washed and changed so many sheets and clothes in the last three weeks it's crazy.  I'm just glad she is back to normal now.  So, hopefully she will stay well for awhile, a long while.

Jill
That weekend that Madalyn began with her stomach virus, I woke up with pink eye on Saturday. Late Sunday afternoon, I started with the stomach virus, throwing up, etc. So I called in sick for Monday and took the day to rest.  Over the past few weeks, I have had continuous trouble myself off and on with this whole stomach thing. Then the weekend that Madalyn had her big messes in her bed, I ended up with a sinus infection. Thankfully I didn't have to go to the doctor to get some medicine, I had some on hand.

On top of the sickness, there are 13 days, with students, left of this school year, so in a way things have been slowing down at school, but on the other hand it's been really busy since the end is coming. Plus the fact of me and Madalyn being sick, I've been playing catch up with my school work. 

Kevin
That weekend that Madalyn and I got sick with the stomach virus, it was Kevin's turn on Monday.  He has also had continuous problems off and on throughout the past few weeks.  He has been very busy with the farm-the trucking company has really taken off and that's very exciting.  However, he has put in a lot of long hours lately and next month will be just as busy because he will be losing the chickens and will be cleaning out chicken houses.

Kevin and my family have been going through a lot of things lately, on top of all of the sickness.  If you think about us, please keep us and our families in your prayers.  God is good and He has been at work and really showing us and our families the ultimate Healer that He is. 

No comments: