Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

A 100th Birthday

This past Saturday, my parents went to a birthday party for my Dad's aunt, which makes her my great aunt and Madalyn's great great aunt.  She turned 100 years old, which I think is amazing.  The other amazing thing about Aunt Quida is that she doesn't look 100 years old and she's still in her right mind and can take care of herself.  If I am blessed to live to 100 years old, I hope I can do as well as she is.  Not many people in this world get to enjoy their 100th birthday and know it's their 100th birthday.


 
Aunt Quida

My aunt Susan (my dad's sister), Aunt Quida, and my Dad

 
When she saw the cake she said, "I've never seen a cake with 100 candles before." And she also said, "Whoever made the cake for me, thank you, it's good."
 

No comments: