Our Family

Our Family

Monday, July 8, 2013

Happy Birthday to Me!

Saturday, July 6th was my birthday. Kevin, Madalyn, and I left Friday after lunch to go to the lake for the weekend.  We got there around 4:30pm and then it started.  Kevin started getting sick and sicker.  He couldn't stay out of the bathroom and he was freezing, and running a fever.  He went to bed with four blankets, still freezing.  My parents were suppose to come down, but couldn't because it was storming so bad in Greer, they couldn't bring the boat in the storm and came down Saturday morning instead.  So, since Kevin was so sick, Madalyn and I slept in a different bedroom because we didn't want to disturb him or get sick ourselves.  Madalyn woke up a few times during the night yelling out "Mama" and then would go right back to sleep (She did this every night last week, weird).  The first time she did, I woke up with vertigo so bad, the room was just spinning around and I was nausea and my heart was racing and pounding hard.  I had several more episodes of this during the night. I was on the phone with my mom at 5:45am Saturday morning asking her when she was coming because Kevin was sick and something was going on with me and I needed someone to be able to take of Madalyn in case something happened to me because Kevin was to sick to help.  So, when my parents got there my mom took my blood pressure and pulse. My pulse was 113 and its' suppose to be around 80 and my blood pressure was low.  There's no telling what my pulse was during the night but my heart felt like it was going to pound out of my chest.  I got better as the day went on, but Kevin got sicker.  He stayed in bed until around 4:30pm. I have never seen Kevin sleep that much or be in bed like this.  He's been really sick before, but this was unusual for him.  He had been working very hard all week cleaning out the chicken houses, it had been after dark before he got in each day and he had been wet too. So that may have had something to do with his sickness.  So, Sunday morning I was woke up at 5:00am to Madalyn throwing up. Oh boy! Here we go again with her.  I got her cleaned up and back in bed.  Then she woke up with diarrhea all in the bed and continued with that for a good part of the day yesterday.  So far, since early Sunday afternoon she hasn't had any more trouble. So I hope we are in the clear with her.

As far as Kevin goes, for the past three months he's had lots of stomach trouble and sickness. I made him go to the doctor a few weeks ago and he goes tomorrow to meet with a doctor in Columbia about having a colonoscopy done.  His local doctor did some blood work on him and some tests, but she said the best to see what's going on with him is do have this procedure done.  I hope this will help us get to the bottom of what's going on with him and get him some help to get better and stay better.

As far as I am concerned, I've had some other things going on with myself, and I am going to the doctor this week as well to see what we can find out about me.

So, if you don't mind, please keep my family in your prayers for God to bring healing and good health to our house.

Happy Birthday to Me, right? Well, despite all of that I am thankful to be able to celebrate another birthday with my family at the lake.  Despite all the rain that we have had lately, Saturday and Sunday were very nice, sunny days.

No comments: