Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Update on Me

Before I get to me, just wanted to let you know that the medicine the doctor gave Kevin seems to be working for him, so that's good.

I had mentioned in an earlier post about when I was at the lake I woke up with vertigo, and my heart pounding and racing.  So, Thursday I went to the doctor.  They drew blood to test all kinds of things (which I haven't gotten those results yet) and they did an EKG on me.  The EKG showed an irregular heart beat. So my doctor said that she wanted to send me to a cardiologist to get things checked out.  So yesterday, I went back to Columbia, for a doctor's visit.  Kevin couldn't get away from work, so my mother-in-law and Madalyn took me to Columbia.  (I was at the doctors on Thursday for 3 hours and then that afternoon I had to go to the dentist for another hour. And yesterday I was there for another 3 hours; so I have had my share of being in a doctor's office this week. Not to mention the 2 hours we were at the doctor's for Kevin on Tuesday.)

Anyway, the cardiologist said first, that I was way too young to be seeing him. Which I was the youngest patient there, the next youngest was in their fifties.  He said that the racing heart and the irregular beats could be related and they could not be.  That stress and anxiety could be playing a big role in the racing of my heart.  But they did an ultrasound of my heart yesterday-I won't get those results until I go back in August.  The guy that did my ultrasound of my heart, asked me when he first came in if I had children. I said yes, I have a two year old. He said "well that's one reason why you are here". Then he said "are you married?" I said yes. He said "that's another reason why you are here". And then I said I teach elementary school and he said "well, there you go". "All three of those can cause major stress."  It thought that was kind of funny, because at times it's true. They do. And I have a heart monitor that I have to wear for the next 30 days.  Then I will get those results also when I go back to see him in August.  If the monitor detects something it will alarm and begin recording what's going on, but if I feel something I have a button that I can push to record also.  They said that if something comes across that is a concern to them, they will call me and check on me no matter what time of day or night it is.  In some way it's more of a relief to wear this because I know that someone is aware of what's going on with me. 

We got together last night for Kevin's grandmother's birthday, Mrs. Kitty, and we had to stop by the grocery store to pick up some things for the party.  We were in the check out line, and I heard this noise, but didn't think anything of it. I thought it was something to do with the check out lady, but then Mrs. Katie, was like, "it's you, you're going off!" I didn't even realize it.  Last night before I went to bed, it was after 10, it made a few beep beeps and that was it. But then I was taking my contacts out and it toned off like it did in the grocery store- scaring me, I didn't know what the sound was at first. It did another beep beep a few minutes later. After that to my knowledge I didn't hear anything else last night.  So....anyway, I guess we will know more in August as to what is going on with me.  Please continue to keep us in your prayers....apparently when you turn 32 your body decides to start falling apart.  However, at 24 and at 25 my body also fell apart then, and I have been working since then to get it put back together..haha!  My thoughts on this: yes, it's scary. I've never had anything going on with my heart before, which it's scary because this is my heart-a very, very important organ, a vital organ- that you want to make sure is in the best working order it can be.  But it could be reacting to long-term stress I've had, and could not.  I'm praying for God to help me put my faith and trust in Him with whatever is going on with me.  It took some time for me to relax and calm down from the day's events and knowledge before I could go to sleep last night, but I'm doing ok with things now. So, again, please just keep me and my family in your prayers.

Here's my new best friend for the next 30 days!

 

No comments: