Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Lake Weekend

This weekend Kevin, Madalyn, and I met my parents at the lake for the weekend. Thankfully, this weekend no one got sick and except for a little rain Saturday evening, it was perfect weather.  However, Madalyn had one of her "all" night parties Friday night. She didn't go to sleep until midnight and woke up at 2:45 am and was awake until sometime after 6:00 am and slept until around 9:30.  (And she had not had a nap Friday) I don't know what makes her do this or how she is able to go on so few hours of sleep, but we have had a good many of those nights lately.

 
This weekend we had something new at the lake...a new dock! This couple that goes to church with my parents have a place a few docks down from my parents' place. They were getting a new dock and selling their old dock. My parents and my aunt and uncle (who are co-owners with the lake house) went to look at it and decided to buy it. (My grandfather was the original one who purchased this lake property. When I was a little, I was 4 years old before they put a house there, we use to just go for the day and come home. And we used a tire to pull the boat up on the sand and tie it up, instead of a dock.)
 
The old dock
We had it for about 18 years.



The NEW dock!
It's so nice, and big, and shady!
 
 
New dock from the water.
 
Madalyn and Mommy on a boat ride.
 
Kevin and Madalyn trying to get the trucks to blow their horns. When a truck would go buy, Madalyn kept saying, "one more", "one more".
 
Kevin skiing.  We have been to the lake three times this summer and this was the first weekend that Kevin got to ski. Memorial weekend the water was too cold and July 4th, Kevin was so sick, he didn't even go to the water. 
 
When Kevin finished skiing, Madalyn said "my turn, I want to ski".
So we put her in the skies.  She didn't know what to think about being in them, but all morning she kept asking to ski. It won't be too many years and she will be learning how.
 
 
Madalyn and Daddy playing in the water.
 
Madalyn's favorite thing to do is to "kick-kick" in the water.
 
 
I was walking down the dock and saw this fish in the water.  I have never seen one like this before at the lake.  My Dad and Kevin both said it was a Gar.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: