Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Our Weekend

Last week on Tuesday, Madalyn went to see her Aunt Katelyn to get her hair cut.  Aunt Katelyn had so much fun styling Madalyn's hair.  Here's a cute up do (ponytail) that she did on Madalyn.

 
 
 

Here's what is has been going on with us thus far this weekend.

 
Madalyn has a new bed...well not really a "new" bed, just a new look! When we bought Madalyn's crib, we bought the convertible one, so we just changed the front. She had her first night last night and actually slept all night long and didn't get up until 8:00 this morning. Yea! Hope she continues to stay in bed and sleep all night because we've had three nights of her not sleeping at all.  Like getting up at 2:45am and not going back to sleep until 6:30 am. OR it's 11:00pm and she's still awake, was put to bed at 8:30 and stayed up all night long...Yeah....it's been a tiring week for us. Plus she hasn't napped those days either. So, maybe last night was a sign that things were getting back on the right track with her napping and sleeping.
 
 
Madalyn's "Purple-do" toes
 
A great find for little girls.... Madalyn and I went to CVS this morning and I walked down the nail aisle and found a "purple-do" color for Madalyn.  And I wanted to try this polish because it said instant dry.  Oh my goodness! In like 2 minutes this nail polish was dry.  If you have a little girl, you gotta try this polish. Madalyn likes her toes painted but for her to sit still long enough for it to dry without messing up the nail polish is a challenge. So glad that I found this...it will make our "pedicure" sessions a lot quicker and cleaner. :0)
 
 
An early afternoon swim at Meme's pool!
As you can see she's ready to go!
 
 
 
Look at those tan lines!
I am so thankful that Madalyn can tan; to some of you this may sound weird.  I tan really easy (and I do put sunscreen on) but poor Kevin has to use at least 30 sunscreen or he burns.  We are both glad that she takes after me on this part and can tan.  This way she doesn't have to worry about getting  burned every time she gets in the sun.  Kevin really didn't want her to have fair skin like he does.  However, I do always put sunscreen on her and like me she still gets tan.
 
 
Here's one more great find that I want to share...Last year, Madalyn broke out in hives a good bit during the summer.  After the second time she broke out, I thought that maybe she was having a reaction to the sunscreen; so I tried a few different brands but I didn't find one that worked. This teacher that I work with said that her son was allergic to sunscreen so she has to buy his online. I started looking into and realized that she was buying organic sunscreen.  I was walking through the grocery store at the beginning of the summer and saw this sunscreen and decided to try it.  Madalyn has not had a reaction to the sunscreen at all this summer.  So glad I found it and that it's sold in stores so I don't have to have the hassle of ordering online.  It goes on well and doesn't have much of a smell to it.  I highly recommend it even if your child doesn't have trouble reacting to sunscreens.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments: