Our Family

Our Family

Monday, August 12, 2013

Last Day of Summer Break

Today was my last day of summer break, tomorrow and the rest of the week are teacher work days and school begins August 19th.  This summer has been the fastest and busiest summer yet.  I mean really I blinked and it was over.  Here is a look at my summer break week by week:

June
June 3rd-7th:it was the last week of school
June 10th-14th: training at school for a new curriculum
June 17th-21st: Florida trip to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary
June 24th-28th: Madalyn was sick with croup and Wingo went to the Vet

July
July 1st-5th: we went to the lake to celebrate my birthday and Kevin was sick and I started having heart problems
July 8th-12th: Kevin and I both went to the doctor; we saw 4 different doctors that week
July 15th-19th: Madalyn and I went to Greer for four days and did a variety of things
July 22nd-26th: I started back working in my classroom; bc I had to move out of my room (more about that later)
July 29th-Aug. 1st: I worked some in my classroom but mostly stayed around the house that week

August
Aug. 5th-9th: Worked at school, I mailed in my heart monitor (so glad those 30 days are over) Kevin went to the doctor, and we went to the lake

Now this brings us up to this week and the rest of the week I will be back to school. Except for Wednesday afternoon I go back to the cardiologist to get my results from my ultrasound and heart monitor.  So, you see, my summer has been very full. Now I need a break from my break. Haha!

Since this was my last official day of summer, I wanted to do my best to make the most of the time I had to spend with Madalyn.  Our day began with her sleeping late and sleeping all night long. YEA! She came in to wake me up, but instead, she just crawled into bed and started reading a book.  We spent the morning around the house, just enjoying being in our pj's.

Madalyn riding her horse watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

 
 
 
Then after a lunch date with Kevin, we headed to Wal-Mart for some grocery shopping.  On the way, we stopped by the Barnwell lake to feed the ducks.
 
 
There's so many ducks and a big variety of ducks too.
 
 
 
 
 
By the time we got home and unloaded the groceries it was nap time and yes today she also took a two hour nap! Then it was time to get supper ready and I headed off to my Bible Study group and Kevin and Madalyn went swimming at Meme and Pop's pool.  Even though it's been a fast summer, I have tried to savor every minute I've had with Madalyn.  She is such an amazing little girl, so sweet, caring, full of energy, happy, and just a joy and blessing to us.  
 
 
 
 

 


No comments: