Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Counting My Blessings

There's a Johnny Cash song called the "Thanksgiving Prayer".  Here's the chorus and the beginning  part to the song.

We've come to the time in the season
When family and friends gather near
To offer a prayer of Thanksgiving
For blessings we've known through the year
To join hands and thank the Creator
And now when Thanksgiving is due
This year when I count my blessings
I'm thanking the Lord He made you
This year when I count my blessings
I'm thanking the Lord He made you
 
 
I have so many things to be thankful for everyday. It's been a difficult passed 5 months for us.  At the top of my list this year is that my husband is still with me and he's healthy.  If you have ever experienced a time when you realize that you almost lost your spouse, you wake up and realize more and more that life is short, it's unexpected, and a normal day can turn into your worst nightmare in the blink of an eye.  Thanks be to God only for healing Kevin and thanks to God for His continued healing and blessings on our family.

This was the verse that spoke to me our first hospital trip: "So do not fear, for I  am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." -Isaiah 41:10

This was the verse that spoke to me our second hospital trip: "I life up my eyes to the mountains-where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth." -Psalm 121:1-2


 
 



  

No comments: