Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, January 15, 2015

One Week Already

Wow! Alexis was one week old on Tuesday. She is doing really good. I was nursing, but my body wasn't producing enough milk to satisfy her, so I've had to switch completely to formula now. But she's sleeping much better at night now, which is a blessing.

I have been having some trouble still with my blood pressure and some other things going on with me. Tuesday and Wednesday, I didn't feel good at all. Yesterday I started taking my blood pressure again and it was up. Each time I took it, it continued to go up. When I was on bed rest, the longer I rested the lower it got but not this time. I called my doctor yesterday afternoon and he told me to keep  up with my readings call in the morning. But last night I was feeding Alexis and I started feeling funny. I took my blood pressure and it was way up. So I called my doctor  he wanted me to go to the hospital and get some blood work done and get my blood pressure monitored. So Kevin and I got to the hospital at 11:00 last night and we were there for about an hour and a half. They tested me for postpartum preeclampsia.  My blood work came back normal. So they gave me some blood pressure medicine and told me to take it easy. I see my doctor on Tuesday for my first post baby visit and he will look at me then and see if the medicine is working. Hopefully it will. It has been so frustrating to me because I came home feeling good and things were going well, minus the lack of sleep. I'm so tired of feeling bad and something being wrong with me. I want to get back to my normal self so I can take care of my family. Maybe I over did it when I first came home. The nurse said that I was still in the window of this blood pressure issue being caused from the pregnancy. Then again, this could be a new problem that I have to deal with.  This pregnancy had it's challenges and I have felt bad for a long time, especially the last 6 weeks. I am so thankful to have the blessing of a precious baby girl. I just want to  be able to feel good to be able to take care of her and enjoy her, along with my other big girl. Please keep me in your prayers that we can get my blood pressure under control and I will start to feel better and get well soon. I know surgery takes some time to get over, but that part is going good.


Alexis 1 Week Old





No comments: