Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Our Anniversary

Today, is our 6Th month anniversary of being husband and wife. It's hard to believe that it has already been 6 months since our wedding. What is even harder to realize is that yesterday was a year that Kevin proposed. Here's our proposal story....

Once upon a time...............

It was December 20, 2007, Thursday. Kevin was coming up that next day to spend the weekend with me and family and we were going to have Christmas. Then I would come down that week to spend Christmas with him and his family. Anyways, I knew that a ring was on it's way, but I thought that it would come that Friday. Well, I was babysitting my cousin Emily for the day. We were hanging out and doing Christmas things, like making a gingerbread tree, which wasn't the prettiest thing in the world when we got done with it, but it was very colorful. Well, earlier in the week my mom had said that on Thursday, we would do something special for my dad's birthday. See, my dad's birthday is on the 21st of December. We always go to eat at Red Lobster for his birthday, that's his favorite place to go. So, my mom said that instead, let's do something different and go down town Greenville to eat. She told me that I had to be dressed and ready to go by 4:30. So I get home, get dressed and we leave. We get down town and were riding around looking for a place to park and a place to eat. I kept on suggesting places, but my parents kept on turning them down. Well, we pulled up the Westen Poinsett Hotel and we stopped. There were some people crossing. All of a sudden my car door opens, and my dad says "hop out", I looked and it was Kevin. I was in total shock! Well, silly me, I thought for some reason that he was going to get in the car with us and go eat somewhere. Nope, I got out and my parents drove off. I asked Kevin where were they going, and he said to eat a Red Lobster. Well, then it hit me as to what was going on. We stopped in front of this hotel, because during Christmas and New Years, they have carriage rides. They will take you down town and it's so pretty because everything is all light up and glowing. The carriage wasn't there yet and it was so cold. Then it started to rain, so we stood inside this flower shop to wait. I had figured out why were were standing there and noticed that it was raining. I new what Kevin was up to, so I started to pray that we would still be able to go on the carriage, because I knew that he had put a lot of thought and work into this and I didn't want it to be ruined for his sake. And of course I was excited too, but also a little nervous. Finally, the carriage shown up. The man made us wait, and he put up the top, which made it look like Cinderella's carriage. Even though it was raining it was still perfect, because now the carriage was more cozy. We went along down main street and when we got to the bridge that goes over the park, Kevin got down on one knee (in the moving carriage) and proposed. And of course I said "yes". We finished out our carriage ride. I found out that Kevin had already arranged this with the man, and that he knew it was a proposal, and even though it was raining he let Kevin use it. It was so sweet and so romantic! I couldn't have of thought of anything any better. We had been on that carriage ride the first Christmas that we were together, so I guess that's where he got the idea. The other twist to the story was that the ring came in the day before Kevin proposed. He got to Greenville 3 hours before he was going to propose to pick up the ring. Thankfully everything was okay with it, because it was a special order. I am so excited about our first Christmas together as a married couple!

No comments: